Monday, May 30, 2011

Taco Rice Skillet

Before I married my husband, he would talk about his favorite dinner: Taco Rice Skillet! I had never heard of it before. Everyone has their special meals that remind them of family, and Randy's is Taco Rice Skillet. (Mine is my mom's tortilla soup!) At my Bridal Shower my sister-in-law gave me a recipe book, and of course Taco Rice Skillet was in it! It has become a favorite meal in our house now, and Randy LOVES when I make it for dinner. The bonus is Gracie loves it too! Soooooo, I though I would pass on the recipe, and it's great because you only use one pan! Less dishes to wash!

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 med. onion chopped
1 can (16 oz) chopped tomatoes
1 cup raw rice
1 pkg. taco seasoning

Toppings:
1 cup cheese, 2 cups shredded lettuce, Fritos (I thought this was so weird...but they seriously bring this meal to a whole new level of deliciousness. You just crunch them up and throw them on top) avocado, sour cream, and chopped tomatoes

Brown beef and onion together. Drain. Drain tomatoes reserving the liquid. Add water to the liquid to make 2 1/2 cups. Add tomatoes, liquid, rice, and taco seasoning to the beef and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer about 25 minutes until liquid's absorbed. Stir occasionally. Top with other ingredients and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment