Sunday, May 29, 2011

Yard Sales

I pride myself on being a great bargain shopper. I have a hard time buying something if it isn't on sale. When both parents are poor college students, you have to get creative! So, this leads to one of my favorite things....YARD SALES!!!!

Things in my house that I have bought from a yard sale: My end table, coffee table, entertainment center, organizers for Gracie's room, and so much more. I got all of the furniture for my living room for $25, and I think it looks pretty nice!

So, this leads to the special fortune I found yesterday. Me and my bff went yard sale-ing to look for a dining room table for her. We didn't have any luck, but it did make for a nice morning talking, driving, and drinking Starbucks. On my way home I saw a sign 'YARD SALE' and I just couldn't pass by. So I stopped, and there it was.....the perfect Radio Flyer steer and scoot tricycle. So I asked how much...$5!!! (I checked online and they're normally $70) It was in GREAT shape, and I was so excited to bring it home to Gracie.



Grace was so excited that we ended up eating our lunch on the grass outside because she didn't want to get off her new bicycle. I have a feeling we will be having a lot more lunches outside this summer. I have learned after being a mom for a couple years that you don't need the most expensive, top of the line things. I cannot even describe to you the joy that was in that little girl's face when she saw that $5 tricycle. I know we will have a ton of memories of her riding that this summer.

2 comments:

  1. that bike was definitely an "essential." she is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find and what a fabulous post! You go, yard sale mom! By the way, our first coffee table 35 years ago came from Salvation Army thrift store. It was a plank of wood someone had added four legs to. Turn it over, and on the underside was a checkerboard! Bonus!

    ReplyDelete