Friday, June 3, 2011

Homemade Play-Doh

Did you know there are ALL different kinds of Play-doh you can make?? Edible play-doh, Kool-aid play-doh, even Fairy Play-doh!! I love finding new (inexpensive) things to do at home, so I though I would share a couple of these ideas to make Play-doh even more fun! Yes it is a little messy...but what ISN'T when you have toddlers!

Edible Play dough
1/2 C peanut butter
1/2 C honey
1 C powdered milk

Just throw it all together and mush it up with your hands until its fairly smooth. The oils from the peanut butter will keep it from sticking to the table and the kids' hands.


Kool-aid Dough
Flour 3cups
Salt 1 1/2 cups
Water 3 cups
Vegetable Oil 2TB.
Cream of tartar 1TB.
unsweetened "Kool-Aid" 1pkg.

Mix ALL of the ingredients in a large saucepan.Cook over medium low heat, until the dough comes away
from the edges of the pan and it becomes difficult to move the spoon. Remove from heat. Cool until it can be handled.Place on counter or wax paper knead 3-4 times.Store in an air tight container.

Fairy Play-Doh (glitter)
1 C. flour
1 T vegetable oil
1 C water
1/2 C salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
Food coloring gel (to make colors more vibrant)
Glitter

Mix all ingredients with the exception of the glitter in a sauce pan well heat stirring the mix constantly until it forms a ball and remove at once. Add the glitter and knead until smooth and uniform.Store in a tight sealing container.This mix stores at room temperature.

2 comments:

  1. Hello There!!

    You have absolutely no idea who I am, so as a blogger you're probably excited that a "stranger" is following you!! :) But before you get too excited, I need to disclose that I found out about you from Kara's blog, and as I came upon your page I saw that Jorden Tisor follows you. She married my brother, Gregg. So I'm not really a stranger after all!

    You and I have much in common, for having never met. We are both the same Blog age...I just started mine this last week. Check me out and follow me!!! :)

    I look forward to reading your posts. I love your love of what's important in life.

    ~Kristi Tisor Ambriz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for Kristi, she's not a weird stalker or anything! lol :)
    I love Gracie's little hands!!

    ReplyDelete